Thursday, June 28, 2012

Retail Love #6: Like a Kid in a Candy Store!

I *love* candy.  It's sweet.  It's accessible.  It's beautiful.  I don't necessarily love to eat candy (I outgrew the taste of most candies long ago), but I love the memories candy evokes.

So when the opportunity came about recently for Sweetest Whimsy to become an affiliate of A Candy Store, you'd better believe I was jumping up and down like a kid high on sugar!  A Candy Store is an amazing site online, heaven for lovers of candy in all forms.  You can buy in bulk and pay wholesale prices or browse by brand, color or theme

My Blue Heaven

Have you ever noticed that there are very few naturally blue foods?  Not so in the candy world!  A few years ago, I threw a Percy Jackson-themed party, in honor of the release of the movie The Lightning Thief.  In the Percy Jackson series of books for tweens, Percy has a penchant for blue foods, which his Mom cheerfully indulges with blue sweets from the candy store where she works.  So our party food theme was quite obviously "blue" and the guests had an excellent time filling their treat bags from a buffet of blue candies!  I only wish I had ordered them from A Candy Store because there is almost no limit to the different kinds of blue candies you can choose from:









Childhood Delights

In addition to candy in every color, A Candy Store will delight your memory with favorites from (my) childhood:




Novelties

And then there are the novelty candies that are too cool to pass up:


I'd definitely eat through the entire case of Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs to collect the valuable trading cards inside! 

These have always fascinated me:




Yes, Soda Candy, just like the uniquely flavored Jones Soda itself!  Can't wait to try these.  I have a feeling that A Candy Store's flat rate shipping deal is going to come in handy!  All of these candies are going to be pretty heavy, so thanking my lucky stars that the shipping won't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment