Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Days of Tricks & Treats: Day 12 - My Good Luck T-shirts

It's the eve of the big game and how I wish I was in Dallas this weekend!  They call it the Red River Rivalry now, but when I was in college, it was just the Texas-OU game, possibly the Red River Shootout.  (Gotta love that branding by AT&T.)  For four years in a row, I traveled to Dallas like a good Longhorn to partake in the annual tradition of the State Fair of Texas and football in the Cotton Bowl.  Corn dogs, the UT Band, butter sculptures, obnoxious fans of the rival team. Good times.  The Horns beat OU every year I was at UT.  Even more significantly, they lost the year before I arrived in Austin and the year after I graduated and  moved away for graduate school. Clearly, I brought them good luck. Probably because I bought a new Texas-OU t-shirt every year before the game!  I loved those t-shirts and wish I still had at least one of them for memories' sake.

In honor of this immense rivalry and in appreciation for the few things in life that should never change, I pulled up these "good luck" t-shirts from Beyond Graduation, my go-to shop for all things Longhorn:

Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners Red River Rivalry Women's Charcoal Red River Rivalry Script T-Shirt




Youth Black Oklahoma Sooners VS Texas Longhorns Red River Rivalry T-Shirt



Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma Sooners Red River Rivalry 40x13 Unframed Panoramic
It's 10:45 pm . . . and OU still sucks!  GO HORNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment