Thursday, January 7, 2010

Say Uncle

Happy 2010! I took November and December "off" from blogging about paper and gifts, but was, interestingly enough, busy with some unique paper orders during that time.

My mother-in-law ordered several sets of personalized stationery from the Carlson Craft line for her elderly relatives, who still write regularly in that quaint, old-fashioned way. But she wanted these note cards to be really special--she ordered them to be personalized with names of course, but not with the recipients' addresses as usually done. Instead, she wanted quotes about aunts and uncles. (Recipients were two aunts and and an uncle.)

Thus began my search for clever and thoughtful quotes about aunts and uncles. Do you know that there really aren't all that many good ones out there? Here is what I came up with after some online research:

Aunt and uncle-- a double blessing. You love like parents and act like friends. ~ Anonymous

Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend. ~ Spanish Proverb

In addition to being solely about aunts and uncles, the quotes had to be short enough to fit on stationery note cards! And although I, in all honesty, thought it was a bit strange to gift someone with "aunt" or "uncle" stationery, it was a sweet idea. Not sure how often they will use it, but they turned out lovely. The Carlson Craft representative who I spoke with when placing the order said she thought it was "really nice." And don't we all have a soft spot for our favorite aunt or uncle?

I haven't posted often enough on this Paper Dolls blog in the past year, but have a plan to change all that! If you've already visited The Sweet Spot, you'll know that I have an ambitious (perhaps too much so) blog schedule I'll be imposing on both Sweetest Whimsy blogs in 2010:

Mondays: Shop Talk ~ a little bit of this and that about retail love
Tuesdays & Wednesdays: Product Spotlight
Thursdays: 52 Blessings
Fridays: Let Them Eat Cake-52 Recipes ~ I know this isn't the cake blog, but I love to collect and share recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment